The year has come and gone so quickly that I can hardly believe it! It seems like just yesterday I was starting my winter semester as a college Freshman and I was trying to squeeze in every ounce of fun that I could. A ton of memories were created this past year, some bad but mostly all good, and I like to think it has been one of the best years yet. In keeping with the same format that I used last year, here are some of the best moments of 2011!
Sidenote: Almost all of these are a tie between two or more things. Sorry about that, I tried my best to narrow it down but it just wasn’t happening!
1. Best Vacation- This is definitely a tie between the Myrtle Beach vacation I took with Kati and the Myrtle Beach Vacation I took with my family a month later. The weather was gorgeous both times and I got to experience a ton of different things with each trip. I was so lucky to be able to go on two vacations back to back like that!
2. Best Concert- This one also has a tie! It is between Warped Tour 2011 and the acoustic performance by We The Kings! Warped Tour is a day filled with music awesomeness! I saw so many bands perform, got a ton of stuff signed, and I even got to talk to a few of the performers. The We The Kings acoustic performance was brilliant for so many reasons: It was acoustic, it was small, it was free, it featured my future husband, I got to put my arms around my future husband, and I even got to take a picture with my future husband. IT WAS AMAZING!
3. Best CD- This is also going to have to be a tie! We The Kings dropped their latest album this year entitled Sunshine State of Mind. The title of the album couldn’t be more perfect because I get in a sunshiney state of mind EVERY TIME I listen to their CD. So what could be the competition to such an epic CD? All the mixed CD’s I got this past year! I had a lot of friends make me CD’s and all of them were filled with awesome songs that brings a smile to my face!
4. Best New Activity- I can’t explain too many details because I have yet to send out Christmas presents to some pretty freaking lovely bloggers but I do enjoy jewelry making. It takes time and is far more expensive than I could have imagined but it is so much fun to create!
5. Best Birthday Present- Last year I got a whole new bedroom so I was wondering how anything could ever live up to something like that. The answer came in the form of a brand-new bookshelf! I was making just the one work but I was desperately in need of one and my parents luckily noticed it! I love it so freaking much!
6. Best Movies- Well I do love me some movies…and popcorn! Some of my favorites were: Breaking Dawn: Part 1, Bridesmaids, Crazy Stupid Love, The Help, Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows: Part 2, and Footloose.
7. Best Books- Oh gosh! It was my original goal to read 100 books in 2011 but Goodreads just wouldn’t stop telling me how sucky I was at completing that goal so I changed it to 80 and I still didn’t accomplish it! However, I did squeeze in 76 books. The best ones (some 4’s and all 5 stars) are:
Sidenote: Some of the titles will be linked to my reviews and other will be linked to Goodreads since I have not yet reviewed them!
Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
A Girl Named Willow Krimble by Giuseppe Bianco
Rising Shadow by Jacquelyn Wheeler
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
Released by Megan Duncan
Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Sean Griswold’s Head by Lindsey Leavitt
The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Faithful by Janet Fox
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty
What Can’t Wait by Ashley Hope Perez
Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Matched by Ally Condie
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Re-reads of both Sarah Dessen and Jennifer Echols books
Fade by Lisa McMann
The Childe by C.A. Kunz
Between by Cyndi Tefft
Love, Inc. by Yvonne Collins & Sandy Rideout
Girl v Boy by Yvonne Collins & Sandy Rideout
Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John
The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
8. Best Blogging Moment- How does one even choose something like this? In the past year I have met more authors, connected with more bloggers, reviewed more books, joined more weekly features, and had the most fun than I have EVER had! This whole experience has been one joyous event after another and I have all of YOU to thank for that. I have found some of the greatest friends and most influential people (and let’s not forget they all also kick butt when it come to writing reviews!) than I could have ever imagined. I would not trade this past year for anything!
9. Best Friend(s)- It is no secret that Kati has and always will be my best friend. I talk about her awesomeness all the time. But because of recent events, I feel like I must give a shout-out to my dear friend Stacey. Her and I were running buddies in high school. You could never find two girls who hated cross-country with such a deep passion like the two of us (even though we secretly loved it!) She has been there for both Kati and I through so many things and now it’s our turn to be there for Stacey. These two girls make my days so much better and I love them for that!
10. Best Family- Well of course this goes out to my family once again but not without some complaints! Zack and Zeke aka The Brat Pack drove me absolutely INSANE this past year. Those two boys are the epitome of annoying little brothers. I love them to death but jeez louise they sure are crazy! In all honesty, I am lucky to have my family always there for me. They support me through everything and even though they make fun of me every once in a while, they always know how to make me smile!
So that’s it for my 2011! I hope you all had a great year and an even better 2012!